Be the number one advertiser in this Area By Placing Your Advertisement Here.
Harlow Advertising Pages
A limited number of free advertisements are available.
Only Advertisements Of Acceptable Moral Standard Will Be Published
Phone Ads Harlow Free On 0800 8818103
Local Advertising All UK Towns
Your Ads Here
FREE PHONE ADS Harlow
0800 881 8103
FREE PHONE ADS HARLOW
0800 881 8103
LOCAL ADVERTISING HARLOW
ADVERTISE HARLOW Acknowledge Wikipedia for the following information
Etymology The name Harlow derives from the Anglo-Saxon words 'here' and 'hlaw', meaning "army hill", probably to be identified with Mulberry Hill, which was used as the moot or meeting place for the district. The original village, mentioned in the Domesday book, developed as a typical rural community around what is now known as Old Harlow, with many of its buildings still standing.  Early history There was a Roman fort or settlement dating from around the 3rd century. Archaeological excavations during the 1970s unearthed a Roman temple and a mosaic floor, itself built on top of an earlier Iron Age temple. The oldest finds in the town were axe heads made in about 6000 BC.  The new town The new town was built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London at the same time as the similar orbital developments of Basildon, Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead. The master plan for the new town was drawn up in 1947 by Sir Frederick Gibberd. The development incorporated the market town of Harlow, now a neighbourhood known as Old Harlow, and the villages of Great Parndon, Latton, Tye Green, Potter Street, Churchgate Street, Little Parndon and Netteswell. The town is divided into neighbourhoods, each self supporting with their own shopping precincts and community facilities. Harlow has one of the most extensive cycle track networks in the country, connecting all areas of the town to the town centre and industrial areas. The cycle network is composed mostly of the original pre-new town roads. The town centre is notable being the location of Britain's first pedestrian precinct, and first residential tower block, The Lawn, constructed in 1951; it is now a Grade II listed building. From 1894 to 1955 the Harlow parish formed part of the Epping Rural District of Essex. From 1955 to 1974 Harlow was an urban district. The town centre, and many of its neighbourhood shopping facilities have undergone major redevelopment, along with many of the town's original buildings. Most of the town's buildings, built at a time when concrete was widely used in construction, now suffer from conditions relating to this, both practical and aesthetic. Subsequently, many of the original town buildings, including most of its health centres, the Staple Tye shopping centre and many industrial units have been rebuilt. The most notable of these has been the demolition of Gibberd's original town hall, a landmark in the town, and its replacement of a new civic centre and shopping area.
Notes From CAP Code Of Advertising Practice
All marketing communications should be legal, decent, honest and truthful. 2 All marketing communications should be prepared with a sense of responsibility to consumers and to society. 3 All marketing communications should respect the principles of fair competition generally accepted in business .4 No marketing communication should bring advertising into disrepute.